Saturday, March 08, 2008

Film Award season 2008

I finally have internet courtesy of TP S.A. *grin*
So I have to get back to posting... faaaast! There's just too much I want to post ;-P

Anyway, the two biggest film industries in the world had their most commercial award ceremonies last month, on the same day no less (24th February).
You can check out the winners here and here.
I've been following the chances of Katyń at the Academy Awards on this blog, so I guess I should now inform everyone that it lost ;) Polish speaking readers of this blog can check out some speculations about why it lost out on the award (not commercial enough, not universal enough etc. ;-P).

Interestingly, this year the Academy Awards had the lowest TV ratings ever. I think this is a good excuse not to link to any clips from the ceremony ;-P (another good one is that judging by youtube, they're monitoring for clips not to surface ;-P and also the one I did find was boring ;-P)

A clip that I absolutely must link to however is this:

It's Saif and Shahrukh hosting the Filmfare Awards and trust me - you want to see this clip ;) (or at least the beginning of it)
I watched the whole show on youtube and I have to agree that SRK and Saif are the most politically incorrect hosts ever. I think this is their third time hosting, but this year was particularly "bad". Or maybe this is just the first time I followed the Indian tabloids well enough to get most of the subtleties ;) - some of the jabs they were making at films and people were potentially veeeery offensive. If anybody cares they made a few jabs at Hollywood and the Academy Awards too ;) (not that I fully understood them as a lot of them were done in Hindi ;-P)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katyń is an outstanding movie, though many Polish disagree with that to my suprise. I haven't seen the competing movies, including the one that got the oscar, so can't say if it was worth it.

Anonymous said...

nie mialam pojecia ze srk ma az tak chude nogi! smiesznie to wyglada ja widac tylko szerokie ramiona i te patyczkowate lydki spod reczkinow :P