Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007 MEETS 2008 | PART 1: New Year Resolutions 2008

It's a risk posting these on-line because everyone will know if I don't keep them, but that may be a good thing ;) Anyway, here goes...

  • To post here regularly ;)

  • As odd as it may sound considering how rarely I post on here, I really like to write. It feels good to get whatever I'm thinking about out on "paper". I should do more of it.
    I think I'm going to try to post fairly regularly on Friday evenings, so keep checking up on my progress with this resolution ;) Also, I'm going to experiment and try to do series of posts on a topic rather than one really huge post about something. Hopefully this way they'll be a little bit shorter and therefore a bit easier to write (which should maybe result in me posting a bit more often ;-P).
    Btw, I've finally made use of some new blogger features. I hope the new layout works better for everyone :)

  • To write a good business plan

  • I've got an idea for a business, which I'm really excited about. It needs to be planned out fully and written down. Otherwise I can't properly assess my chances or get the financial backing from institutions that I'm going to need to make this work.
    It would be best for me if this gets done over the next 6 months or so, so feel welcome to check up on if I'm keeping this resolution ;)

  • To make some proper attempts at writing a screenplay

  • I've got around 4 ideas for different screenplays (and no, that's not counting the one that was offered up to me during yesterday's New Year's Eve party lol), but I've only started working on one and very pathetically at that.

  • To lose weight and get a bit fitter

  • I guess this one doesn't require much explanation ;-P
    The getting fitter part I'm probably not going to address until about February, but I really hope to finally try to do this properly!

  • To tend to my friendships and social life

  • I think my friendships aren't in the worst of states, but I still sometimes feel I'm not giving enough attention to them - so if you're my friend and you feel I'm not giving you enough attention, please prod me with a sharp stick or something ;)
    My social life, however, is in a very sad state and I want to try and revive it somewhat (I will never be a very social person, perhaps, but even so...). Attending a New Year's Eve party is a good start to this resolution I think ;) (I am not even going to admit how long I haven't been to one ;-P)

So that's 5 resolutions in all - do you think I have any chance of keeping them? ;) What are yours?

No comments: